[dropcap]Well[/dropcap], not that kind, exactly.
I actually decided to celebrate my “blog-iversary” with a little vacation to the Bahamas.
Okay, that’s not precisely true either. But it sounds a lot more entertaining than: “I’ve been too busy to post,” or, worse still, “I just didn’t feel like it.”
Both of which statements are true.
As to the first, I haven’t been exactly laying around. Since my last post, I have:
- Moved and/or rearranged a magnitude of furniture.
- Shifted my youngest son’s entire wardrobe into the room he’s been sharing with his older brother for a couple of months now.
- Watched all my carefully-planted begonias shrivel in the relentless sun, despite the combined efforts of my husband and I to save them from such a grim fate.
- Completed my set of Harry Potter by buying the first four books off a college-bound lad for a mere $20 American — and then reread the entire series.
- Continued negotiations in the Great Tub Debate of 2010. No cease fire in sight.
- Accepted the practicality of using an RSS Reader to follow all my favorite blogs. I held out for as long as I could.
- Broken the headset for my cordless phone. Which might as well have included cutting off one of my arms for all that it’s done to my productivity.
- Finished Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. Eight pounds down, thank you.
As to the second of the above statements, I’m sure it’s been due to equal measures of ferocious heat and hunger for food I’m not allowed to have, but I’ve been less than motivated the last couple of weeks. I just get plain grouchy when I can’t have what I want, and you all don’t need to hear about that, eh?
But now that’s behind me, it’s time to get back into the swing o’ things. I have posts in the works. If I were serious about a teaser campagin, I would say they may include:
- South Beach-friendly recipes that kept me sane
- the debut of a major contemporary artist
- more craft projects
- and who knows what else?
But I’m not much of a tease. So you’ll just have to wait while I get it all sorted out.
Have a happy,